LESSON 1:IX – How were addressing gaps in vital services
What types of innovations are we designing?
There are ten action teams, each focused on one of ten surviving and thriving service sectors. The Resilient Community Experience Survey will provide detailed data about where there are gaps in services as well as what the barriers to the services are. We provide each sector with ten innovation areas that serve as umbrellas for a variety of local projects for you to choose from based on the needs identified through the survey. These projects are how we grow our ten surviving and thriving sectors, ensuring their accessibility, quality and overall user-friendliness.
- Tracking supply and demand within a particular service area (like food, housing, medical care, etc)
- Ensuring current programs are fully supported
- Engaging the private sectors in supporting innovations within a particular sector (to increase quality and accessibility)
- Harnessing the power of technology to create a directory to services and other resources
- Generating public awareness and engagement
- Making sure your education system is onboard
- Ensuring local higher education is engaged in research, solutions and evaluation
- Supporting city and county government programs in a particular sector
- Identifying how the federal and state levels can strengthen local services
- Developing a City Department to oversee the quality and accessibility of a particular service areas (like housing, food, medical care, etc)